Monday, October 07, 2013

Good Morning Lord, I love you!

We've had early EARLY hours here lately as my roommates and I have been getting up at 3am to go into the church headquarters building here in Maryland and pray for all our church leaders. It's been a very rewarding experience and already we see the ways God is blessing and working. 

However, it's not easy to get up so early. But I have to say, God's been helping us, and one thing that always helps me wake up is to start singing. As soon as I wake up, after giving God my heart for that day, I start singing as we get dressed and ready to go. My roommates find this kinda amazing, but God gives me a song, and as I sing, not only does my heart go up to Him, but my clarity of thought is strengthened. God is so good! I love singing praises to Him in the early morning…

I may have shared this before, but this is the perfect wake-up song in the morning. It's what I love to sing when I first wake up! I sang it this morning…

Good Morning Lord I love you!

When I wake up in the morning and I lift up my head, I sing praise the Lord, praise the Lord. 
When I roll right out of bed and my feet hit the floor, I sing praise the Lord, praise the Lord!

Good morning Lord, I love you, I just wanted you to know.
Here's my heart my life, my will, myself, I give it all to you!
Take my life and use it, guide my feet along your way.
May your words my mind renew, your Spirit fill me each day.

When I see the morning sunlight and I breath in fresh air, I sing praise the Lord, praise the Lord.
When I spend time in God's Word, talk to Jesus in prayer, I sing praise the Lord, praise the Lord.

Good morning Lord, I love you, I just wanted you to know.
Here's my heart my life, my will, myself, I give it all to you!
Take my life and use it, guide my feet along your way.
May your words my mind renew, your Spirit fill me each day.


1 comment:

  1. When I’m tired in the evening and I’ve said my evening prayer, I sing praise the Lord, praise the Lord.
    When its time to go to bed and I lay down my head, I sing praise the Lord, praise the Lord!.

    Good night Lord I love you I just wanted you to know
    Here’s my heart, my life, my will, my self, I yield it all to you.
    Take my life and use it, guide my feet along the way
    May your words my mind renew, your Spirit fill me I pray.

    ReplyDelete