Sunday, October 20, 2013

Resting In the Lord Until He Comes In Glory


The pain lays heavy on my heart.  I ask God "why" and all I get is silence.  My Turkish friend is dead.  My heart is ready to break.  How can I bear the sorrow and the grief that threatens to weigh me down.

I can not hold back the tears as his wife speaks to me.  They loved each other very much.  Why did God allow them to be torn apart by death?

He survived the horrific car accident!  Yet, a couple days later he is dead.  How is that possible?  One minute he was talking, the next minute the doctors were working on his chest to get his heart pumping again.  His heart never took up a beat again.

"Why Lord, why did he have to die?"

I may never know the answer to that question until heaven.  But I do know this:  Even though we may not understand why certain things happen to us, we can have the assurance God is with us and He can be trusted.   

"The righteous perish, and no one takes it to heart; the devout are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil.  Those who walk uprightly enter into peace; they find rest as they lie in death."  Isaiah 57:1 & 2

We may not understand why.  But the righteous who sleep are secure in Christ.  No more temptations to face, no more trials to conquer, no more pain or heart ache.  They are just resting until:

The Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God.  And the dead in Christ will rise first.  Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the aire.  And thus we hall always be with the Lord.  1 Thessalonians 4:16 & 17

Even so come Lord Jesus.

 NOTE:  Due to my busy schedule right now, my friend, Chelsey, is the contributor to today's "Morning Sonshine" thought.  Thank you Chelsey!!




1 comment:

  1. This was very comforting to me. Thank you for posting this wonderful message. I have lost several family members in death, 2 just this month. It's very difficult to bear the loss of those I have loved, but God's promises are faithful, and I know the He will do the best for my loved ones, whatever their lot may be.

    ReplyDelete