Tuesday, October 22, 2013

God Sings Over Us With Joy!

The Lord your God is in your midst, He is mighty to save.  He rejoices over you with gladness, He quiets you in His love, He rejoices over you with singing.  Zephaniah 3:17

Just think with me for one minute.  Can you imagine God rejoicing over you with singing?  As His heart swells with love for you, He can not help but serenade you.  Can you imagine that?  The God of the universe breaks into song of devotion to His children!  His affection towards us is profound!

We see ourselves as wretched, dirty, sinful human beings who do not deserve such adoration and affection from God.  Why would He even consider us?  After all we are the ones who killed Him, by our sins, 2000 years ago.  Every day we crucify Him anew when we stumble and fall.  We are so unworthy of His goodness and grace, even His love and mercy!  Yet...

"Souls who are troubled by doubts and fears regarding their acceptance by the Lord Jesus Christ. His word to you is, "Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art Mine." You desire to please the Lord, and you can do this by believing His promises. He is waiting to take you into a harbor of gracious experience, and He bids you, "Be still, and know that I am God." You have had a time of unrest; but Jesus says to you, "Come unto Me, . . . and I will give you rest." The joy of Christ in the soul is worth everything. "Then are they glad," because they are privileged to rest in the arms of everlasting love."1

We do not have to do anything to gain God's favor.  We can approach Him just as we are.  We are worthy of Him because of what He did for us in the name of love; He shed His blood for us on the cross!  Redeeming love!!

What an amazing God we have!  He draws us to Himself with cords of love; He calls us by name, and we are precious in His sight!  We are unable to fully fathom His far-reaching love for us.  Neither can we truly acknowledge His song of love because it is too magnificent and broad for us to take a hold of!  We have nothing to offer, yet He gave His all for us!  He is constantly rejoicing over us!  He is continually singing over us!

"I will rejoice over [you] Jerusalem and take delight in My people..."Isaiah 65:19
________________
1) Testimonies to Ministers and Gospel Workers, pp. 519



NOTE:  Due to my busy schedule right now, my friend, Chelsey, is the contributor to today's "Morning Sonshine" thought.  Thank you Chelsey!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I have had trouble with depression. I know I need to avoid it like the plague. .. But how? Among better health habits, I've been memorizing and singing hymns. This am I was awoken hearing myself singing: though Satan should buffet, though trials should come, let this blessed assurance control: that Christ had regarded my helpless estate and had shed His own blood for my soul. It is well worth my soul! Song is so powerful! I know He was singing this with me. ... how He yearns for us to understand His great love for us. ....

    ReplyDelete