Sunday, October 27, 2013

A note from Melody…

Good morning Friends,

This is Melody once again, and I want to THANK Chelsey for helping keep the blog going during some very busy stressful times these past couple weeks. I've really appreciated her posts and the variety she's added to the "Morning Sonshine" thoughts and I've heard the same appreciation expressed from some of you. So we praise the Lord!

I wanted you readers to get a face with this author of the recent posts, so I am posting a picture here of our prayer team from the first week of Annual Council pre-meetings. Chelsey is the beautiful blonde on the far left. Chelsey and I went to college together, but it's only recently that we've started to talk and connect more. As I'm sure you've already seen, she's a true woman of faith and prayer and has been a real encouragement to me.

I still have quite a bit going on, so I'm going to ask Chelsey to continue to help me post off and on throughout the coming days. However, in the future, rather than asking her to include an explanation from me at the end of each post, I encourage you readers to just take note at the end of the post whether it was posted by Chelsey or Melodious Echo. That will be how you tell which one of us is writing! (Thanks again Chelsey for the beautiful job you've been doing!)

As we start a new week, I want to share this sobering statement:

"As a people we are not half awake to a sense of our necessities and to the times in which we live. Wake up the watchmen. Our first work should be to search our hearts and to become reconverted. We have no time to lose upon unimportant issues." Medical Ministry, p. 304

In many other places, we told, "We need to be re-converted DAILY!"

Let us cry as did David:

"Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Ps. 139:23, 24

So today, as we begin another week afresh, let us ask God to search our hearts and make us new creations in Him…Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment