Sunday, September 01, 2013

God showed up…


Well, what I expected to be a QUIET PEACEFUL couple days, turned into a quiet half day…

When I wrote the last post, I thought it was Thursday and that I had Thursday and Friday before the weekend. However, about mid-day my mom informed me that it was NOT Thursday, but Friday!! Wow!! I'm not sure where I missed the day, but I was behind…so that derailed some of my carefree plans as I realized all the sudden, I had to clean house and get ready for Sabbath and finish getting plans together for a special birthday party for our kiddos…But it's a good thing I found out then rather than later, or I would have really been in a pickle. :-)

God has a sense of humor, and at the last minute, I also found out that I was needed to give the sermon at church on Sabbath. Usually I'm very structured and planned, but this time I didn't even have time to think about the sermon until Sabbath morning around 7am….but I decided I wasn't going to stress and leave all things in His hands and He really blessed!

However, God did do something on this day (Aug. 30th) that was very special! And while I won't share the details here, I'll share the gist. You see, about 20 years ago, on this particular day (August 30th, which was this past Friday), I made a very important decision in my walk with God. It's a decision that has impacted my life ever since. And it's so important, that almost every year, I remember. Well, this year, August 30th marked the 20 year anniversary of this decision. It's a special day between me and God, but it was extra special this year, and I wondered if He would remember. I asked Him for something special, just to show me that He hadn't forgotten…and…guess what??? MY PRAYER WAS ANSWERED!!! (In a very special, significant, and unexpected way!! Wow! God is so good!) 

So while I didn't get the time away I needed…God showed up…and He did something special in my life! 

The Bible tells us, "Call upon me and I will answer thee and show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not!" Jer. 33:3

What a GREAT GOD we serve! 

No comments:

Post a Comment