Thursday, September 19, 2013

Delight thyself in the Lord…

Psalm 37 is one of my favorite Psalms! I memorized this during my academy days, verse 4 being the key verse with "Delight thyself also in the Lord and He shall give thee the desires of thy heart." 

However not only has God fulfilled this promise.... But what's more exciting is that He changes our hearts so that we want HIS DESIRES in place of our own. 

Inspiration tells us: "If we will consent, God can and will so identify us with Himself, so mold our thoughts and aims, that when obeying His will, we are only carrying out the impulse of our own minds. Then we shall not desire to carry out unchristian desires; we shall be filled with an earnest determination to do the will of God. We shall not try to work in our own strength, and we shall guard strictly against self-exaltation." – PUR February 16, 1905 Par. 4 

"Keep changing my heart oh Lord!" Is my prayer today! "Give me a love for you and your desires, above my own. May you be my ONE DESIRE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment