Tuesday, September 17, 2013

How Long Lord?

As I was reading Psalm 35 this past week, verse 17 caught my eye where David calls out, "Lord, how long wilt thou look on?" In other words, how long will you allow me to suffer, how long before you will deliver me from my enemies? How long before I will see my prayers answered?

How often have we cried the same, feeling encompassed by trials, difficulties, temptations, or not seeing the answer to our prayers. "Lord, have you forgotten? Do you see what is happening in my life? How long will you look on? When are you going to DO SOMETHING about what my enemy (Satan) is bringing against my life?" 

I know I've cried this on more than one occasion, wondering if God sees and hears or if He has forgotten? 

It may at times feel like God has forgotten, but He has not!! This may at times be the cry of our heart, but there is HOPE!! Luke 18:7-8 says, "And shall not God avenge His own elect which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them. I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, will he find faith on earth?"

Let us look up with HOPE today knowing that God sees and He is working, even if we don't always see that answer to our prayers right away. He has not forsaken us. And no one that comes to Him will be cast out. Every sincere prayer is heard. And at the right time, it will be answered. Let us hold on!

1 comment: