Sunday, September 22, 2013

New Song in my Heart…

Psalm 40:3 really spoke to me today as I was reading in the Revived by His Word initiative…

It says, "He hath put a new song in my heart!" 


Reflecting on that thought I read this inspiring passage: 


"When the Spirit of God controls mind and heart, the converted soul breaks forth into a new song; for he realizes that in his experience the promise of God has been fulfilled, that his transgression has been forgiven, his sin covered. He has exercised repentance toward God for the violation of the divine law, and faith toward Christ, who died for man’s justification. “Being justified by faith,” he has “peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” Romans 5:1. – Acts of the Apostles, p. 476

Often times I will find myself in tears as I am humbled before The Lord because of my sins and shortcomings. I'm so far from where He has called me to be! However, as I look to Him, He always takes away the tears and gives me a new song of joy. And this is what we are told will happen…just last week, I was kneeling on my bed praying and crying. But I remembered that I should praise Him even when I feel discouraged, and so even in my tears, I started singing. And as I sang and thought of God's goodness and His character of love, He gave me a new song and heart of praise. It was amazing. 


We are told, "The more you contemplate the character of Christ, the more you will become conformed to his image. Come to Jesus just as you are, and he will receive you, and put a new song in your mouth, even praise to God." Gospel Workers, p. 451

Let's sing a new song to Him today! No matter what the trial or challenge, and the enemy is angry. I know because he's been attacking me like crazy. He always does when I start into some new ministry project. But let's sing anyway, and God will deliver us. He did it for me, and He will for you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment