Sunday, September 29, 2013

Is there ANYONE seeking me???

This morning as I was just reading Psalm 53, it really pricked my heart when I read verse 2 & 3. 

The Bible reads: "God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God."

[Pause a second here.] 

I can almost feel Him crying, can't you? "Are there any seeking me, are there any that truly understand?" 

My heart responds, "Yes, Lord, I am seeking! I'm crying for you." Yours may respond the same.

And yet the next verse continues, "Every one of them is gone back: they are altogether become filthy; there is none that doeth good, no not one." 

"Oh Lord," my heart breaks… "Forgive me, forgive us. This is so true, for even in my seeking after you, I too so often turn back. I turn to my own ways, to my selfish ways, to the ways of the world…and I know that even my righteousness is really just nothing more than filthy rags. (Isa 64). Oh Lord, forgive, have mercy upon me, upon us!"

Thankfully, He does have mercy, and even though our hearts are corrupt, even though we are sinners and there's NOT ONE of us that deserve what He came to give, He covers our sins with His own righteousness, and by HIS STRIPES, we are healed!! He exposes our need, but then He provides the remedy, HIMSELF! So while my heart breaks as I realize my own weakness again, I also rejoice that we have a merciful Savior today! 


No comments:

Post a Comment