Saturday, September 21, 2013

Learn to Speak Words of Faith!

Psalm 39:1 says, "I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me."

It is a sobering thought when we realize the significance of our words. Matthew 12:37 says,"By thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned." 


About 8-10 years ago, I went thru very dark discouraging time in my life called Depression. You may have read about it in my testimony. As I sought to get back up and move on, it was brought to my attention how my words were constantly filled with doubt and despair. I was challenged to take 2-4 weeks to not allow myself to say anything negative, critical or discouraging about myself, life, God, or to others. Instead I needed to replace those negative thoughts and words with something positive, or words of praise to God! 

What a blessing that challenge was! As I looked to God for strength, and I spoke words of courage even though my feels were dark, He turned my darkness into joy! I learned to speak words of encouragement and hope, and as I did, my thoughts and attitudes changed. So I've learned by experience, not only should we take heed that we sin not with our tongues. We must actively learn to TALK FAITH...especially in the work of God. What a difference it can and will make!!!

"Talk Faith and Encouragement—Let us take heed to our words. Let us talk faith, and we shall have faith. Never give place to a thought of discouragement in the work of God. Never utter a word of doubt. It is as seed sown in the heart of both speaker and hearers, to produce a harvest of discouragement and unbelief." Evangelism, p. 633

"Lord, whether in our homes with those closest or in our service, help us to speak only your words of faith and truth today!"


[I'm in Kentucky this weekend speaking for a prayer conference! Please pray for me today that God will use my words, that He will actually speak His Words through me, to lead many to a closer walk with Him!]

No comments:

Post a Comment