Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Success has a goal!

I've climbed a lot of mountains, but not without some serious effort. And if I hadn't determined before I left the bottom of the mountain that I was going to make it to a certain point… I never would have made it, because it was so tiring and so much work. Makes me think about our lives, spiritually and otherwise. 

Praying specific prayers, and having specific goals are important, I think to spiritual growth and success in life. As my mom use to say, "You don't hit a target that you don't aim at!" 

As I've been praying specific prayers, I've seen God answers in such specific ways. However, as I've set goals for myself, I've also been able to accomplish things I never would have imagined before. Of course, we always need to be open for the Holy Spirit to lead us and change our plans, but having a goal is important. 

The Bible tells us, "Where there is no vision the people perish." Prov. 29:18

Inspiration tells us, "Success in any line demands a definite aim. He who would achieve true success in life must keep steadily in view the aim worthy of his endeavor. Such an aim is set before the youth of today. The heaven-appointed purpose of giving the gospel to the world in this generation is the noblest that can appeal to any human being. It opens a field of effort to everyone whose heart Christ has touched."

So the highest goal that we can have as Christians is giving the gospel to the world in THIS GENERATION! Let's pray that God will help us keep this goal in view as we move forward, and not allow ourselves to be distracted by life details or obstacles from the enemy…

No comments:

Post a Comment