Saturday, September 28, 2013

Take my Heart - Your Work, not mine!

Revived by His Word's reading yesterday was Psalms 51. It was so inspiring reading the thoughts everyone shared as they read through the chapter. If you aren't part of this Bible reading, you should visit.

Anyway, the whole chapter of Psalm 51 is soooo powerful, but verse 6 really stuck out to me… how God desires TRUTH in our INWARD PART. But we cannot make ourselves clean, only He can cleanse us. We cannot create a clean heart, only HE can do this in us!! 

So today I echo these words…

"Lord, take my heart; for I cannot give it. It is Thy property. Keep it pure, for I cannot keep it for Thee. Save me in spite of myself, my weak, unchristlike self. Mold me, fashion me, raise me into a pure and holy atmosphere, where the rich current of Thy love can flow through my soul."

It is not only at the beginning of the Christian life that this renunciation of self is to be made. At every advance step heavenward it is to be renewed. All our good works are dependent on a power outside of ourselves. Therefore there needs to be a continual reaching out of the heart after God, a continual, earnest, heartbreaking confession of sin and humbling of the soul before Him. Only by constant renunciation of self and dependence on Christ can we walk safely.

And of course, only HE can give us strength to live a life of victory. As we are praying for greater revival and reformation in our lives and church, sometimes the devil comes along tempting me with discouragement. "How can you ask for such BIG things?" However, I w
as just reading the following quote this morning and it soooo encouraged me. It said, "It is not the capabilities you now possess or ever will have that will give you success. It is that which the Lord can do for you. We need to have far less confidence in what man can do and far more confidence in what God can do for every believing soul. He longs to have you reach after Him by faith. He longs to have you expect GREAT THINGS from Him." Christ Object Lessons, p. 146 

(Dear Lord, we are not worthy, but you are worthy! Thank you for the victory you will give us today as we surrender our brokenness and sin to you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment