Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Fireplace Miracles during summertime Heat…

Do you remember the song, "It only takes a little spark to get a fire going?"

I loved that song. I use to sing it all the time when I was a kid. And if I'm around a campfire, I still want to sing it to this day. 

Speaking of fires, God fulfilled another prayer request this past weekend. Back at Christmas, as I've already shared with many, God sent me significant funds towards getting a "Wood Stove" for my fireplace. It wasn't quite enough though, so I've been praying that He would complete the process. 

Well, after my house warming/dedication was over and everyone had gone home, I found a card on my table from my local community family. They had all banded together to give me funds to complete the purchase of my much needed wood stove. And they gave me exactly the amount I am lacking! I was beyond speechless. Isn't God good?

One of my favorite promises is Phil. 4:19, "But my God shall supply all your need, according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." 

It's so easy to lament that we don't have this or that, but as I've been learning, faith is the converter between visible and invisible resources. Since God is our Father and provider, why do we worry? He will take care of us and give us what we need!

"Let none waste time in deploring the scantiness of their visible resources. The outward appearance may be unpromising, but the energy and trust in God will develop resources.” Prophets and Kings, p. 243

So if you are still lacking that "wood stove" or other needed life necessities, keep praying. The answer will come. There's still things I'm waiting for, but I know God is working, because each day He answers another prayer! What a great God we serve…

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Thanks for the testimony Melody. Just exactly what I needed to hear. What an awesome God we serve!

    ReplyDelete