Monday, July 22, 2013

Praying for Wisdom…


I don't know about you, but as I face this coming week and some extra challenging tasks in writing, I need a lot of wisdom. I know that apart from God, I cannot accomplish what needs to be done!

In 2 Chron. 1:10, we see Solomon pleading with the Lord: "Give me now wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people: for who can judge this thy people, that is so great?"

God has given to each one of us a special task and a special sphere of influence. And the same God who gave Solomon wisdom, will give us wisdom today if we ask. 

I love this verse: "And king Solomon passed all the kings of the earth in riches and wisdom." II Chron 9:22

But there is an even greater wisdom that we need to be striving for! "The wisdom of Solomon is desirable, but the wisdom of Christ is far more desirable and more essential. We cannot reach Christ through a mere intellectual training; but through Him we can reach the highest round of the ladder of intellectual greatness." Counsels to Parents, Teachers, and Students, p. 219

Let us press forward asking for not just Solomon's wisdom, but for the wisdom of Christ, so we can be a true witness for Him today!

No comments:

Post a Comment