Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Have you considered my Servant Job?

Good morning friends!

I don't know how many of you are following along the Revived by His Word daily reading, but I have been, although the last couple weeks, I kinda was having so much fun reading, I ran ahead of the game. 

Anyway, I thought I'd go back and share a few verses and thoughts that have jumped out at me over my reading of the book.

Let's start with Job chapter 1. As the Lord and Satan were talking about Job, the Lord asks, "Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?" (Job 1:8)

Wouldn't you love it if that was our description? I think I fall too short for that though

Anyway, what is Satan's reply? "Why would he not serve you? Have you not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side?" (my paraphrase)

You know, we as Christian's are so fortunate because God literally has put a hedge around us. 

Last night there was some animal outside my window, and I'm not real fond of the dark, or of unknown critters being outside my window…even if I am on the second floor 10 feet above them! ;-) Anyway, as I was praying, God reminded me of His promise:

"The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them." Ps. 34:7 

Why do I need to fear, God has sent His angels to protect me. And even Satan acknowledge it as he was speaking of Job. Praise the Lord!

So, whatever you may face, remember God has a hedge about you…and if He allows anything through, it's to grow you or bear seed for His Kingdom. 

1 comment:

  1. So why still comment on this past post? As I lay here in the dark, with a broken 5th metatarsal - I heard it snap as I tripped over a cord. .. I decided to catch up on my morning sonshine. ;) I had read this very past post the morning of my accident. I'd forgotten this. .. But after the I initial shock. .. I had taken the attitude to praise the Lord through this trial. I soon found so much I could praise Him for: it wasn't my ankle, it was just the small bone to my little toe. .. Yes I had that figured out before the xrays that confirmed it. I could praise Him for using me to touch others lives through my tragedy. Why discount all God's blessings to focus on something so small in relationship to everything He's given me? I know what to do. .. it's in a removable cast... I am elevating it with ice while drinking in the rest of camp meeting. I had already set up my own kitchen to enjoy more simply prepared healthy foods for my husband's recovery...and this diet is perfect to promote my own healing. I brought along ice packs from home, my husband had found the last vacancy in a nearby motel: a handicapped equipped room just prior to my fall. .. amazing. We waited for xrays till the morning after. Had a nice breakfast first. .. the orthopedic saw me immediately and we were back for the afternoon meetings. God is so good. Every one here asks and wants to offer heaps of sympathy. .. But I can only answer back in praise with genuine joy for all God's goodness. Who knows? The Lord may use me to touch lives he couldn't have touched before this incident.
    So when I reread this post. .. I can't help but think it helped set the right attitude within me.
    Thanks Mel.

    ReplyDelete