Saturday, July 20, 2013

The beauty of a Child's prayer…

Good Morning Sonshine friends,

Last night I talked again with my girls in Bangladesh. My oldest told me, "Mom, I'm praying for you! And I'm praying for Grandma too, that she will be well." It warmed my heart to hear that there's a little girl on the opposite side of the ocean that is praying for us…she has so little, and yet, that doesn't bother her. She's just praying that God will take care of and bless her American family. I am sure God must be smiling and that He is blessing as a result. 

I've been continuing to enjoy the book of Job. For today, I just have a simple promise.

"Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee. Receive, I pray thee, the law from his mouth, and lay up his words in thine heart. For then shalt thou have thy delight in the Almighty, and shalt lift up thy face unto God. Thou shalt make thy prayer unto him, and he shall hear thee, and thou shalt pay thy vows." Job 22:21-22,26-27

"When the mind of man is brought into communion with the mind of God, the finite with the Infinite, the effect on body and mind and soul is beyond estimate. In such communion is found the highest education. It is God’s own method of development. “Acquaint now thyself with Him” (Job 22:21), is His message to mankind." Acts of the Apostles, p. 126

PS: Thanks to Tracie for the beautiful card above that I received this week! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment