Tuesday, July 09, 2013

What did I do Wrong????

Yesterday I was kinda caught of guard by something that happened. I was doing something random, and suddenly I was accused of something completely out of nature for me by someone who obviously was having a bad day. I was thinking, "What, where in the world did this come from? Lord, you know my heart, and it is not as this person is saying of me. Why am I being accused like this?" 

We all have those days don't we? Where someone says something, and you know in your heart it's not true, but you don't know how to make them believe it's not true. 

Of course, there are plenty of times when we provoke our own trouble too, and in that case, we shouldn't be complaining. But this time, I knew what was being said of me was wrong and uncalled for.

Yet, thankfully, despite the sting, God gave me peace not to react but just to respond in love. (I'm not saying this to boast, because this has not been my nature in the past. I've been more like the zealous Peter, ready to stand up and fight and even cut off ears if I have to. But God's been dealing with me on that and changing my heart.) And thankfully this time, I didn't even feel that reaction within me at all! I realized that it's true what the Bible says. "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." Isa. 26:3

In the long run, the raging wind blew over and I ended up later on with a smiley face text from the person. Praise God for helping me keep calm!

However, I think this is an important lesson. In the future we are going to be accused falsely of many things, and maybe sometimes God has to allow that to happen even now to prepare us. I love the following statement.

"In the heart of Christ, where reigned perfect harmony with God, there was perfect peace. He was never elated by applause, nor dejected by censure or disappointment. Amid the greatest opposition and the most cruel treatment, He was still of good courage. But many who profess to be His followers have an anxious, troubled heart, because they are afraid to trust themselves with God. They do not make a complete surrender to Him; for they shrink from the consequences that such a surrender may involve. Unless they do make this surrender, they cannot find peace." Desire of Ages, p. 330

Let's trust ourselves with God today, and pray that His mind will become our own! 

No comments:

Post a Comment