Friday, July 05, 2013

When your Children are Praying for you to come…

I'm a Mom! Don't know if I ever announced this before publicly… but I am! ;-))

I have two little girls at the Bangla Hope Orphanage in Bangladesh that call me "Mom." It's kinda difficult to have children and to be on the opposite side of the world from them. Thankfully, they are well taken care of. But I long for the day when we can be together again.

I first met my girls 5 years ago. Melony, the oldest, was 6 years old at the time. Now she's 11. I've only been to Bangladesh to see her, Savanna, and their many little friends three times so far, but each time, our bond grows deeper and deeper. Now it's been TWO whole years since we were together, and I've been feeling for some time that God is calling me back. So please pray that God will make that a reality this fall!


Last night I was surprised by a wonderful phone call. Melony was calling me. She's written me e-mails, sent me various car-packages with drawings and pictures that she and Savanna have made, but it's very rare that we get to talk on the phone. I almost cried last night when I heard her voice. "Hi Mom! How are you? I miss you! When are you coming to see us again??????" (She talks very fluent English as Dave and Beverly, the founders of Bangla Hope, and many of the missionary caregivers speak English! Thank goodness, because otherwise, I wouldn't be able to communicate with my daughter!)

We talked for about 20 minutes, all the while, she was chattering away as only a little 11 year old girl can chatter. I had just recently sent her a photo album I made of all our pictures together, as well as some other goodies. She was sooo excited. She told me, "I've been showing everyone your picture and telling them, 'This is my mom!" 

After catching up, and another final string of "I love you's" and "I miss you soooooo much" from her childish enthusiasm, we hung up. But my heart ached. Just to be able to be with her, to provide more
care and guidance for the rough years that will most likely lie ahead. Sometimes I just wish I could push "fast-forward" so we could all be in Heaven together. 

I lay tossing and turning and thinking about my girls til nearly midnight last night. And it is with renewed fervency that I pray to be able to go spend some time with them this next Christmas. (Beverly has asked me to come teach Bible Classes for the older children at the Orphanage, so I'm hoping to take  1-2 months out of my schedule this winter to do that!)

As I was thinking about my girls, and hearing their eagerness to see me again, it made me think of Christ, and how much HE must long to see us. And when we express eagerness and show by our lives that we are looking forward to seeing Him, I expect that He works a little harder to make that a reality. Why would He come back for people that aren't looking forward to seeing Him??


I'm looking forward to the reunion with my little girls in Bangladesh…but I'm looking forward even more to Heaven. Let's make that our goal and destination, and work with all fervency to see Christ return…not 100 years from now, but in this generation!

He's promised, and He will come again!


"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also." John 14:30

No comments:

Post a Comment