Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Above and Beyond My Expectations…


Here I am back on my journey through Chronicles. This time, the Queen of Sheba has heard of Solomon's wealth and glory and of his wisdom, and so she decides that she is going to pay him a visit and see if all this stuff she has heard is REALLY true!

How often we do the same today. Something good is going on, and we keep hearing rumors about it, so we decide we better check it out for ourself. But to be honest, we are a bit skeptical. "Surely, it can't be as wonderful as they all say. They have to be exaggerating!"

So the Queen comes. But not only is it all as good as she's heard, it's even better. Listen to her words:

"And she said to the king, It was] a true report which I heard in mine own land of thine acts, and of thy wisdom: Howbeit I believed not their words, until I came, and mine eyes had seen it: and, behold, the one half of the greatness of thy wisdom was not told me: for thou exceedest the fame that I heard." 2 Chron. 9:5,6


When people come to investigate what God is doing in our lives, may their testimony be as well, "What I heard isn't even half! This is amazing!" Unfortunately all too often, when we get closer to people that have a high profession of faith, we discover many shortcomings and failings, and sometimes we find outright hypocrisy. They had a high profession, but that's all it was, just a profession. But for God's true dedicated followers it will be their profession as well as their life and testimony. And as a result, they will say, "Wow, you serve a great God. I want to know Him like you do!"

Listen to Queen of Sheba's final response to King Solomon, as she reflected on their time together:

"Blessed be the LORD thy God, which delighted in thee to set thee on his throne, to be king for the LORD thy God: because thy God loved Israel, to establish them for ever, therefore made he thee king over them, to do judgment and justice." 2 Chron. 9:7,8

She gave God the glory…as He deserved. May it be the same when people see our lives today! "Your God is above and beyond my expectations. And I give Him the glory!"

Review:
  • Bible Thought: When people come see up close and personal what God is doing in our lives, may they be compelled to give God the glory! May they say, "He is above my expectations!"
  • Blessing: God is so much better than anything anyone every told me… I have learned this for myself! What a great God we serve.
  • Battles: May I never take His glory for myself. To Him be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment