Thursday, April 11, 2013

My Life, His Home!

As Solomon began to build the temple for the Lord (See 2 Chronicles 2), I think his attitude is so important. He could have been like, "God, aren't you so happy with me? I'm King, but I'm taking time to honor you. I'm taking time to build you a home so you can dwell with me! Aren't you so proud?" This is how many come to God with their gifts, but not Solomon.

Listen to what Solomon had to say and may it be a lesson for us today:

"The house that I build is great: for great is our God above all gods. But who is able to build him an house, seeing the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain him? Who am I then, that I should build him an house, save only to burn sacrifices before him?" 2 Chron. 2:5,6

God really is so great, who are we to think that He should come and dwell with us? And yet when we humble ourselves before Him, with brokenness of heart, pleading for Him to come, He comes, and it is His joy to make our homes His habitation.

"For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones." Isa. 57:15

You know, for years the Holy Spirit was always a mystery to me. He was this unseen force that moved about like the wind, but that you could never quite put your hands or mind around. Yet, as I've grown in my walk with God, I've realized more and more what His true intent is. He wants to dwell with us and live IN us, and He does this through His Spirit.

"In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit." Eph. 2:22

We cannot contain God, and who are we to think He would actually come and dwell with us? And yet, hard as it is to imagine. He does! I'm so thankful for this great gift and as I begin another day, I pray that not only would my body and life be His Home, but that He would make Himself at home here. That means, He's the King of this domain, and whatever He desires, I will do. 


"Oh Lord, may my life be Your Home, and may you be at home here today!"

Review:
  • Bible Thought: Although He is holy, He makes His home with the humble and contrite.
  • Blessing: I'm so thankful I don't have to worry about my Home anymore since the King lives here. He's got everything in control.
  • Battles: To allow my King to stay on the throne in my heart. When Satan comes knocking, I send Jesus to answer the door, and Satan runs away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment