Friday, April 05, 2013

God loves fruit too!

I love fruit! Maybe you didn't hear that right? I LOOOOOOVE Fruit! I really do. I especially love making creative fruit platters or arrangements for banquets or special occasions. Having lots of fruit around makes me long for that great beautiful fruit laden banquet table in Heaven that we will one day enjoy. (Along with lots of other kinds of food that we can't even imagine yet!) 

However, God's been reminding me lately that He's a fruit lover too…only He's interested in a different kind of fruit - the FRUIT of the SPIRIT! :-)


"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." Gal. 5:22,23


I use to think that these were separate…in other words, that the Spirit had different fruit. But my brother pointed out to me awhile back that it's actually only ONE FRUIT. In other words, if we are filled by the Holy Spirit, we will have all of the above fruit… love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance… etc.


It's also interesting that the passage goes on to say:

"And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit." Gal. 5:24,25

In other words, as we came to new life in the Spirit, we need to also walk daily with the Spirit. We don't come to new life through this divine gift and then try to walk the Christian walk without it. They work together from start to finish!

Beautiful!!! 

Review:
  • Bible Thought: Is God's fruit in my life? 
  • Blessing: As I come to the close of another productive week, I want to praise God for the physical fruit that He's giving me, and for the Spirit fruit that He's creating in me. I keep claiming that promise, "He that started a good work in me will be faithful to complete it." Phil. 1:6
  • Battles: To not allow the devil to rob me of my precious fruit from Heaven! 
Note: To see more fruit creations, visit my new webpage called "Frutopia" on the top tab!

No comments:

Post a Comment