Saturday, April 13, 2013

Come and Rest…

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

Here's some morning sunshine for this beautiful Sabbath day!

"Jesus loves to have us come to Him just as we are, sinful, helpless, dependent. We may come with all our weakness, our folly, our sinfulness, and fall at His feet in penitence. It is His glory to encircle us in the arms of His love and to bind up our wounds, to cleanse us from all impurity."

"Here is where thousands fail; they do not believe that Jesus pardons them personally, individually. They do not take God at His word. It is the privilege of all who comply with the conditions to know for themselves that pardon is freely extended for every sin. Put away the suspicion that God’s promises are not meant for you. They are for every repentant transgressor. Strength and grace have been provided through Christ to be brought by ministering angels to every believing soul. None are so sinful that they cannot find strength, purity, and righteousness in Jesus, who died for them. He is waiting to strip them of their garments stained and polluted with sin, and to put upon them the white robes of righteousness; He bids them live and not die." 

"God does not deal with us as finite men deal with one another. His thoughts are thoughts of mercy, love, and tenderest compassion. He says, “Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and He will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon.” “I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins.” (Isaiah 55:7) Steps to Christ, p. 52

Review:
  • Bible Thought: God is calling us to come as we are, and to rest in Him! 
  • Blessing: So thankful for the Sabbath day of rest, and for the rest of soul that He brings!
  • Battle: I'm speaking today, and praying God will defeat any purposes of the enemy and that many will be convicted of their need for deeper prayer!

1 comment:

  1. I needed this reminder today. .. Thanks. ..
    When I look at what a mess I am, I'm tempted to give up all together. Thanks for focusing my gaze back upon my Savior. Now I'm ready to have a wonderful day with Jesus.

    ReplyDelete