Thursday, April 18, 2013

Importance of Heart Preparation

King Solomon has died and now his son Rehoboam sits on the throne in his place. However, Rehoboam would never experience the honor that Solomon had because he did not seek the Lord. In fact, we are told:

"And he did evil, because he prepared not his heart to seek the LORD." 2. Chron. 12:14

Why did he do evil? Because he PREPARED NOT HIS HEART to seek the Lord! Is it all the wonder that even professing Christians do so much evil today? Of course, we don't intend to, after all, we want to be good people. But it just seems to happennaturally! Honestly, I think this is because we haven't prepared our heart and we aren't seeking the Lord.

In another book of the Bible we are told:

"For Ezra had prepared his heart to seek the law of the LORD, and to do it, and to teach in Israel statutes and judgments." Ezra 7:10

This is my desire, that I would every day prepare my heart and seek the Lord so that I would refrain from doing evil. Psalms 119:9,11 has one of my many favorite promises:

"Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed thereto according to thy word. Thy Word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." 

I think this is the secret. Let us prepare our hearts by hiding His Word in our heart. Because as we do this, we will not sin against Him. He will protect us from evil!

Review:

  • Bible Thought: We need to prepare our heart so we don't do evil. Preparation comes through prayer and time in God's Word!
  • Blessing: So thankful for the many things I'm learning as I study and go deeper in these topics.
  • Battle: To start each day prepared. If I don't prepare, I know, because I fall very easily! Oh how easily it is to fall. Without Christ I can do nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment