Thursday, April 25, 2013

An Enemy hath done this!

The second thing we often get confused about regarding God is life and death. But let me share the difference between God's character and the enemies:

Life vs. Death
John 10:10 says that Christ came to give abundant life, not death. The qualities of abundant life are happiness, health, wholeness, strength, purity, spiritual success, and multiplication of blessing. The characteristics of death are disease, sickness, blindness, deafness, muteness, lameness, disorder, feebleness, erosion of strength, erosion of blessing and erosion of resources. Anything that breeds these qualities of death in our life is not from God. 

Yes, we live in a dying sick world, and as long as sins remains, we will continue to see death and suffering. My mother has struggled with health issues for years. My grandmother is currently in the last stages of breast cancer. However, just because God has allowed these things (or hasn't intervened) doesn't mean they came from Him. 

In Matthew 13 we see the story about the wheat and the tares.

"Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? He said unto them, An enemy hath done this." Matt. 13:24-28

When we see unexplained death and suffer, rather than blaming God for what we do not understand, we must just realize the simple truth…. "An enemy hath done this!" 

Thankfully, God tells us… "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, saith the Lord." Rom. 12:19

Review:
  • Bible Thought: God doesn't cause death, disease and suffering. We are living in the enemy territory, and he's wrecking as much havoc in our lives as he can. But in the end, God will heal and restore!
  • Blessing: I love this promise: "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Rom. 8:18
  • Battles: We must trust God even when we don't understand this life and the pain and suffering that comes to us or loved ones. 

1 comment:

  1. Your last 3 posts have been such a blessing. Praise God! He woke me up at 2am this morning. After some dawdling - I got up and went to my prayer chair. I read today's post. Finally the Holy Spirit broke through my rubble-wall and I get it. Immediately I grabbed paper and on one page jotted down all the Revealed Will of God items I knew. Prior to this - somehow I thought my walk was fine in my head. Now I see the importance of writing spiritual things down or journaling (tho that word terrifies me for some reason). On the next page I jotted down 2 columns - God / Satan and under each their characteristics as described above in your blog. Immediately the Spirit spoke to me and I could clearly see what I was supposed to be praying for! What a breakthrough! So thankful. Praise the Lord for His goodness. His yoke trully is easy and His burden light. Anything else is a deception. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete