Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Give me Souls or I die!!!!!

As Solomon begins his reign, the Lord draws near to ask Solomon a very interesting question. "What shall I give thee?" 

What if such a question was put before us? What if the King of the Universe came to visit us today and asked, "What would you like me to give you?" How would we answer such a question? 

I can sure think of a whole list of things I need. Like, "Lord…I need my own well so I can have enough water for my home and enough to help those in need. I need gravel on my driveway so I can get to my cabin without getting stuck. I need to get a stove for my fireplace so I can stay warm in the winter and stop paying so much electric. Frankly, I just need money so I can pay the bills and do ministry. And health, speaking of health: Well, God, could you to heal my grandma and my mom? And my eyes…could you strengthen my eyes? These sleepless nights aren't helping my eyes. I'm afraid I'm going to go blind. And a man? I wouldn't mind a godly man either! Someone that I could love and work with in ministry, someone that would be strong to help me carry life's load…"

As you can imagine, my list of needs and desires could go on and on. We all have such a list I'm sure. And yet, what if there was only one thing we could have, what would it be? Solomon asked for "wisdom and knowledge." And because he asked for "wisdom and knowledge" rather than all the rest of his desires or needs, God gave him these gifts plus everything else. 

As I contemplate this question, tears come to my eyes, because I think God truly does ask this question of all of us. You know, there's a lot of things I need, and there's quite a few things I desire as well. But you know what? There's only two things I really really want more than anything else. And I'd be willing to sacrifice everything I have for these two things. I want to know God more fully and I want to be an instrument in His hands to bring many MANY souls to the Kingdom. John Knox prayed, "Give me Scotland or I die!" I'm not John Knox, but I feel this same burning passion in my soul today. "Give me souls for the Kingdom or I will die!!!!!!!" 

Let me share one of my favorite songs that one of my best friends and I use to sing together. (At the end, I'll share a link where you can listen to us sing this song together.)

"I want Jesus in Your Heart."

If I could have one wish, I know just what I'd like to find
If I could have one dream come true before my eyes
More than a pot of gold, more than a pathway to the stars
More than anything I know, I want Jesus in your heart.
If I could paint a picture in your mind of what I'd like to see
If I could take you once instead my deepest dreams
More than treasure's glow
More than a comet traveling far
More than anything I know, I want Jesus in your heart.
He's more than all the world can give
When He truly comes to live in your heart.
Why do you try to search for more,
When He's all you're looking for in your heart?
If I could have one wish, I know just what I'd like to find
If I could have one dream come true before my eyes
More than a pot of gold, more than a pathway to the stars
More than anything I know, I want Jesus in your heart
I want Jesus in your heart
I want Jesus in your heart
I want Jesus in your heart

Here's the LINK where you can download us singing this song!

Review:
  • Bible Thought: If God gave you anything you wanted, what would it be? Don't forget His promise of Matt. 6:33.
  • Blessing: I think God must have asked his Son this question too! And what did Jesus answer? "Give me souls!! And I'm willing to die!" I'm so thankful He made that sacrifice so we could spend eternity together.
  • Battles: To keep my eyes and ears tuned to Him today. Just give me Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment