Saturday, February 09, 2013

Giving God the glory due His name...

"One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after…" Ps. 27:4

It's another beautiful day to rise and shine and give God the glory! And here I am, posting from my sister's place in San Antonio, Texas. I figured since today's my birthday, God would probably want me to get a little more sleep-in time. (After all, I'm on vacation, right, at least for today?) But you know what? No alarm clock….nothing… and once again, wide awake at 4am! (I just had to smile…especially after yesterday's post! Even if I'm not always good at keeping appointments, God sure is!) I think God wanted to be the first to tell me "Happy Birthday" today. So I quietly gathered up my things, as I had a sleeping roommate, and I headed downstairs where I had found myself a cozy storage closet. Yes, that's right…a closet! (See picture above!) 

The Bible tells us, "But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly." Matt. 6:6. (My dad thinks I may have taken this verse a little too literally this morning, but I like my privacy, and I didn't think anyone would compete for the air space there, and they didn't.)

This morning I sang praises to the Lord with David as I meditated on 1 Chronicles 16. The context is that David has just brought the Ark back to Jerusalem, and everyone is rejoicing. In this chapter, we see David's first psalm of thanks to the Lord. This whole passage is soooo beautiful and powerful, and it's perfect to sing back to God.

"Give thanks unto the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people. Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works. Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the Lord. Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his face continually… Sing unto the Lord, all the earth; shew forth from day to day his salvation. Declare his glory among the heathen; his marvellous works among all nations. For great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised: he also is to be feared above all gods. For all the gods of the people are idols: but the Lord made the heavens. Glory and honour are in his presence; strength and gladness are in his place. Give unto the Lord, ye kindreds of the people, give unto the Lord glory and strength. Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness." verses 8-11,23-29

Yes, I have a lot to praise the Lord for today. So I worship today, the beauty of HIS HOLINESS, and I give unto HIM the GLORY due HIS NAME! Without Him, I would be nothing and could do nothing!

"I love you LORD!!!!!!!! My cup runneth over. Lord, you are soooo good! How can I ever say Thank you enough? All I can do is once again give you my heart and life! This is my offering. I give you praise!"

Day 40 Review
This is the 40th Day since I began this Vit. B-3 Challenge…and to celebrate, I've decided to stop the Vit. B-3 labeling. It was a cute cool way to remember… but I keep forgetting what day I'm on, and have to go looking back at other posts to keep myself straight, and it's wasting time. :-) So, since I know what I'm doing, and I'm planning to do it for a whole year, there will be no more day labeling.  Once the year is finished, we should have 365 days completed and the Vit. B-3 CHALLENGE will be successfully completed! 

I will continue my daily review though as follows:

Review
  • Bible Thought: Give God the glory due His name! (Don't keep the glory for yourself!)
  • Blessing: Praising God for another year of life and ministry. 
  • Battles: How does unholy me worship a Holy God though… "Lord be merciful to me a sinner!"

No comments:

Post a Comment