Tuesday, February 26, 2013

How to Revive Persecution!

The Bible tells us that, "All that live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution!"

I've had a few inconveniences in my life as a Christian, and some of my friends have quietly disowned me and walk another way (which I'm sure is due to my testimony and faith)… yet I really don't feel like I've had to endure REAL persecution…I mean, not really! Especially not when I read stories about Richard Wurmbrand and others who so seriously lived out their life during the Communist regime in Romania. I know that there are still many suffering persecution in the world today. (Don't forget Pastor Saeed still suffering torture TODAY in Iran because of his faith.) And at the recent "Voice of the Martyr" conference, I was shocked to realize that more people have been martyred for their faith in the past century than in all previous centuries combined. Yet, still… I don't really feel this suffering and pain. 
Most of us don't! Why is this? 

Here's what my favorite 19th century writer has to say on the topic:

"Why is it that persecution seems in a great degree to slumber? The only reason is that the church has conformed to the world’s standard and therefore awakens no opposition. The religion which is current in our day is not of the pure and holy character that marked the Christian faith in the days of Christ and His apostles. It is only because of the spirit of compromise with sin, because the great truths of the word of God are so indifferently regarded, because there is so little vital godliness in the church, that Christianity is apparently so popular with the world. Let there be a revival of the faith and power of the early church, and the spirit of persecution will be revived, and the fires of persecution will be rekindled." – Great Controversy, p. 48

So how can we bring this persecution back (not that I'm really longing for it)…  Let there be a revival of the faith and power of the early church, and the spirit of persecution will be revived, and the fires of persecution will be rekindled! I don't really want the persecution (who does?), but I do want a REVIVAL of the faith and power of the early church! And if this means persecution, so be it. Just as God is walking Pastor Saeed through torture today, I know He will help me through whatever trial that comes because of my faith. For He promises, "According to our days, so shall our strength be." (Duet. 33:25)

Review:
  • Bible Thought: How to revive persecution… learn to live godly in Christ Jesus.
  • Blessing: I've been praying for Pastor Saeed that God would give Him a spirit of PRAISE!!! And also that He would feel the supernatural presence of God, even in prison. I have no way of touching him, but I've been praying that my prayers would. Well the letter I just read today, that he wrote on my birthday testifies to ME that God has heard my prayers for him. Reading his letter almost brought tears to my eyes. I know that many people are praying, but God can use even one insignificant person (like myself) to touch the life of someone on the other side of the world. Prayer is powerful!!!!! So let's keep praying!!!!
  • Battles: Praying that I would learn to live godly in Christ Jesus, no matter how unpopular this becomes in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment