Saturday, February 02, 2013

I change, but He doesn't!


I don't know about you…but my life is constantly full of change. And I change too. One day I say one thing, and the next day I want to take those words back. One day I do one thing, and the next day I change my mind and find a better way. 

How fickle we humans are. But it's not just us. We live in a world that is changing! However, there is one thing that never changes…and for this I am so thankful. This is our God. In Malachi we are told:


"For I am the LORD, I change not." Mal. 3:6


I've been studying the Cross and the Law, and I've come upon some more inspiration that I just have to share. This comes from the book The Great Controversy, which gives a Biblically based historical view of Christianity all the way from Christ's time down to the end of the world. 

Listen to the following encouraging words about our God who does not change:

"The claim that Christ by His death abolished His Father’s law is without foundation. Had it been possible for the law to be changed or set aside, then Christ need not have died to save man from the penalty of sin. The death of Christ, so far from abolishing the law, proves that it is immutable. The Son of God came to “magnify the law, and make it honorable.” Isaiah 42:21. He said: “Think not that I am come to destroy the law;” “till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law.” Matthew 5:17, 18. And concerning Himself He declares: “I delight to do Thy will, O my God: yea, Thy law is within My heart.” Psalm 40:8.


"The law of God, from its very nature, is unchangeable. It is a revelation of the will and the character of its Author. God is love, and His law is love. Its two great principles are love to God and love to man. “Love is the fulfilling of the law.” Romans 13:10. The character of God is righteousness and truth; such is the nature of His law. Says the psalmist: “Thy law is the truth:” “all Thy commandments are righteousness.” Psalm 119:142, 172. And the apostle Paul declares: “The law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.” Romans 7:12. Such a law, being an expression of the mind and will of God, must be as enduring as its Author." Great Controversy, p. 467

This is a powerful concept, that God is the same…yesterday today and forever! If there's anything that I can trust, I know that it is Him! PTL!

Day 33 - Vit. B-3 Challenge
  • Bible Thought: I might change, but He doesn't. I can trust my life completely with Him!
  • Blessing: Keeps bringing new insights into His Word! So exciting!
  • Battles: However, He's teaching me to continue to walk by faith and not by feelings. And I think this is the biggest battle of my life. I believe Him, but I still trust too much to my own feelings and sensations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment