Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Going Beyond Expectations

Before going into this past ARME Bible Camp, during a staff worship, I shared with our team about the story of Queen of Sheba coming to visit King Solomon. The story is found in 1 Kings 10. In this story, there's something really interesting that she says, and I want to share it here.

"And she said to the King, It was a true report that I heard in mine own land of thy acts and of thy wisdom. Howbeit I believed not the words, until I came, and mine eyes had seen it: and behold, the half was not told me: thy wisdom and prosperity exceedeth the fame which I heard." I Kings 10:6-7

I told our team that there will be many that come to this Bible camp that have heard about what God has been doing at ARME. But we need to pray that what they find will not just be what they heard, but far above and beyond what they have heard! So often, we hear about something, or see a few pictures of a nice place, but then when we get there, we discover it's not quite as nice as they advertised. But in our case, and in our life as Christians, by the grace of God, our witness in real person should far exceed what everyone has heard. 

So as staff, as we were going into camp, this is what we prayed for!

Well....God answered this prayer! During testimony night and on, we heard many reports of people sharing how this experience was WAY BEYOND their expectations! And people even told me this personally as well. So... all glory and praise to God!! He is good and He heard our prayers!

Review:

  • Bible Thought: May our living witness go beyond what people expect!
  • Blessing: God gave us the offering we needed at ARME! We praise God for His provision.
  • Battles: Praying for all the students that gave their life to Christ, that they will continue to grow stronger, and that God will bless the Daniel's Fast that many of them have started. Also, I'm still traveling... heading home tomorrow, so I need prayers as well for strength!  

No comments:

Post a Comment