Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Will to be willing...

Have you ever been at that point where you know what you should do, but you just don't want to do it? Believe it or not, I still struggle with these attitudes sometimes. "Lord have mercy!"

My mom use to tell me, "Well, even if you don't want to do what is right, just ask that God would make you willing!" And so I would. Sometimes though, I have had to ask that He would make me "willing to be willing to be made willing…" You get the picture? Kinda funny, and yet God will work with whatever we give Him, if we will just give it to Him.

So today I'm thankful for the promise:

"For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." Phil. 2:13

"Strength of character consists of two things-power of will and power of self-control. Many youth mistake strong, uncontrolled passion for strength of character, but the truth is that he who is mastered by his passions is a weak man. The real greatness and nobility of the man is measured by the power of the feelings that he subdues, not by the power of the feelings that subdue him. The strongest man is he who, while sensitive to abuse, will yet restrain passion and forgive his enemies. Such men are true heroes." Testimonies, Vol 4, p. 656

"Lord help me to be willing to be made willing…to be who you've called me to be!"

Review:
  • Bible Thought: It starts with the prayer to be made willing…
  • Blessing: So thankful for the new perspective God has given me on life and the shortness of time this past week!
  • Battles: To die daily! To die to self!

1 comment:

  1. Melody,

    Praise the Lord! I read today's blog once. It appears I focused that time on everything up to Phil 2:13. I just read it again for the second time. This time I really read the quote from the Testimonies. I thought that is a great quote for so n so. However, upon reading it for the third time the Lord showed me, how just this morning, it was for me. I need to surrender my feelings to Him, take those thoughts captive, and be forgiving. Praise the Lord! He is gracious & just. Lord, be merciful!

    Wishing you 10,000 blessings as you begin your fast!
    Delene

    ReplyDelete