Wednesday, February 20, 2013

His strength is perfect!

"And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Cor. 12:9

Well, it's another beautiful day in the Ozarks, and I am finally home safe from my travels. I'm still getting my land-legs back, and I have to admit that my head is spinning from all the excitement and lack of sleep from this past week, but I'm feeling very VERY blessed and I am soooo thankful for what God has done! This isn't going to be a typical MORNING SONSHINE post. Rather let me share a testimony from this past week. 

In Isaiah 40:29-31 we are told:

"He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." 

Once again this promise has come true to me! 

It probably wouldn't surprise many of you if I shared that going into our recent ARME Texas Camp, due to long travel hours and late hours working, I was quite exhausted. (This is NOT a good way to start a camp!) And knowing that we would offer an all-night prayer session the second day of camp, I knew that I would not make it without supernatural strength and a direct miracle from God. 

But time and time again I have seen that when I am weak, if I'm doing His work, He will make me strong!

Well, God blessed and proved Himself MORE than faithful...as my previous post stated, beyond my expectations. I'll share more general testimony later from this amazing week. But in summary, let me tell you about the sleep I "did not" get at this past camp, and yet how the AMAZING GOD I serve kept me going. 

My hours this week
Monday 2/11- Arrived at camp late. Got to bed at 1:00am.
Tuesday 2/12 - Up early - Working on getting ready for camp to start. To bed at midnight.
Wednesday 2/13 - Up early - First evening of camp. To bed at 11pm (Not bad!!)
Thursday 2/14 - Up early - First full day of camp followed by all night prayer (Up all night!)
Friday 2/15 - Never went to bed... Second full day of camp - up all day with 1 hr nap only - Up AGAIN for half night of prayer. To bed at 1:30am Saturday (Sabbath) morning, FINALLY. 
Sabbath 2/16 - Up early - Full day, and going strong til family night over. To bed around midnight.
Sunday 2/17 - Up at 6:30 and up all day. Drove 8 hours to OKC all afternoon. To bed around 10pm. 

Now to give some context, I'm usually an early-to-bed person. And I have to be, to get up early. However, despite many late nights, and staying up all night Thursday, and half the night Friday, God kept me strong to be poured out for others. It was a complete miracle. If I had tried to keep these hours to work on a project or anything else, I would be sick as a dog right now...but I've discovered when I'm following what God asks me to do, He REALLY DOES SUPPLY THE STRENGTH!!!!

Usually we only offer 1 night of prayer, but I just felt convicted going into camp, that we would need to do more then 1 night. And I was right! During the first all night and the second half night of prayer, we saw sooo many spiritual breakthroughs and victories. It was amazing. In fact for me, this was one of the best nights of prayer we've had so far at ARME! (Maybe it helps me to enjoy it more because I'm very involved with each person that we pray over and I don't sit on the sidelines. None the less, it was powerful!!!!) And I have many more stories I will share. But for today's Sonshine, I just wanted to share that His strength really is made perfect in our weakness! We just must keep walking forward in faith and TRUST HIM!

Review

  • Bible Thought: His strength makes up for our weakness
  • Blessing: I'm home safe, and I had some AMAZING surprises waiting for me! (More on that later!)
  • Battles: Now I need to hit the next big writing project hard... I know the enemy will try to distract me and pull me off course, but I'm determined to stay focused and keep going.

NOTE: Pictures are of the all night prayer. In the top picture, I am sharing promises from the Bible and how we need to be rooted in the Word when we pray. And in the second picture above, we are praying over someone in need of special intercession. We spend hours during the night in this type of united prayer, and this is where we have seen many healings and spiritual breakthroughs occur. Amazing!! More testimonies soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment