Saturday, March 16, 2013

A Song in the Night!

"Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: but rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when His glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.” 1 Peter 4:12, 13.

It may seem that all I'm studying right now has to do with trials. (Smile smile!) The reality is that I've just found so much good stuff recently on this topic, and I know so many of us deal with trials (myself included), that I wanted to break these inspiring thoughts down into smaller portions to share here. Thus this past week has been more a reflection on the topic in whole. However, while I'm on the topic…I cannot finish this vein of thought without sharing this powerful thought. No matter what darkness you may be walking through or facing, remember that He is there with you…and even in the darkness, He has a song to teach you!

The following quote was a really big encouragement to me during my high school years when I had some tough times, and it remains an encouragement to me now…many years later. 

"In the full light of day, and in hearing of the music of other voices, the caged bird will not sing the song that his master seeks to teach him. He learns a snatch of this, a trill of that, but never a separate and entire melody. But the master covers the cage, and places it where the bird will listen to the one song he is to sing. In the dark, he tries and tries again to sing that song until it is learned, and he breaks forth in perfect melody. Then the bird is brought forth, and ever after he can sing that song in the light. Thus God deals with His children. He has a song to teach us, and when we have learned it amid the shadows of affliction we can sing it ever afterward." Ministry of Healing, p. 472

God has a SONG to teach us…and when we can learn it amid the shadows of affliction, we can sing it ever afterward. "Lord, help me learn this song!"

Review:
  • Bible Thought: Learning the song in the night…it's not a curse, but a blessing!
  • Blessing: That God can give you a song, even in the darkness of night. 
  • Battles: To be patient when I don't see what He's doing in the dark, but to keep singing and looking to Him, and no one else, for that special tune I'm called to sing. 

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of a special blessing God gave me one night. I was to do special music the next day in church. I had played the song once more before bed time... I didn't really know the words to it. Just loving the music as an instrumental piece. Yet I had been memorizing the lyrics to hymns. ... just not this one. At midnight I had the tune playing in my mind. There is a verse in the Bible that came to mind: at midnight I will rise and give thanks unto thee. .. so I arose and went straight to my hymnal. I wanted to know the words to the music that had awoken me so I could no longer sleep. They were a song in the night I will never forget: Be Thou my vision oh Lord of my heart. Not be all else to me save that Thou art. Be Thou my best thought by day or by night. Sleeping or waking: Your presence is my light. I had that wonderful sense that God was close to me.
    I can not always feel His presence like I did that night. Sometimes I sense a heaviness. ..a darkness that I must pierce through by faith. However, I have found that cherishing the many tokens of God's love for me: in nature, in my experiences, and in love shown me through others. .. helps me to walk by faith through the darkness knowing He is still there.

    ReplyDelete