Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I'll take some Sunshine PLEASE!!!

This morning I woke up to skies cloudy and gray. And I was a bit sad. I had special plans for today, and they called for sunshine…not rain. However, despite not having the physical sunshine, God reminded me that I have the Heavenly Sonshine, always shining…in my heart.

“Unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings” Malachi 4:2

However, something interesting happened. I decided to act like the sunshine was out, even though it wasn't. One thing I've been wanting to do for awhile is go transplant some daffodils from a vacant field down the road to put around my cabin. So, this afternoon, I gathered a few of my eager helpers, and off we went. We were successful! We got a whole truck load of daffodils. It was so much fun, and the kiddos worked hard. 

When we arrived back at the homestead to show everyone what we got, someone called out from the upstairs window of my parent's house, "Hey - it looks like you brought a truck full of sunshine home!" And then it hit me. The sun had come out. The sun was shining! And yes, we did bring a truck load of sunshine home.

So, I'm encouraged and reminded again…even if we can't see the sunshine shining…we need to remind ourselves that it STILL IS…it's just behind the clouds. And we need to carry on cheerful and happy, and the sunshine will return!

"Let the light of His peace shine into your soul. He has a tender care for you, and you should praise Him with heart and soul and voice. You can please Him by manifesting a cheerful spirit. Let not one cloud of despondency or dissatisfaction hide from you the sunshine of His presence. It is in recognizing His light that you will conquer. You may increase in faith, by exercising the voice in speaking forth the praises of God. To the heart that recognizes Him is the promise, “I am …the bright and morning star” (Revelation 22:16). If you would obtain precious victories, face the light that emanates from the Sun of Righteousness. Talk hope and faith and thanksgiving to God. Be cheerful, hopeful in Christ. Educate yourself to praise Him. This is a great remedy for diseases of the soul and of the body. “I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God” (Psalm 42:11; 43:5) This Day with God, p. 305

Review
  • Bible Thought: The sun (and SON) is always shining, even behind the blackest clouds.
  • Blessing: I got a truckload of daffodils to remind me of my Heavenly Sonshine. 
  • Battles: To keep my eyes on Him!
PS: You anonymous commentators really cracked me up yesterday… I actually had a laugh. (Especially Anonymous #1 and Anonymous #3!) I love it. Sometimes I think I'm just writing completely for myself and I have no idea if anyone is even reading, then out of the blue, people like you make comments. So just wanted you to know that it brightened my day to know that I had brightened yours. Praise the Lord we all encourage each other. 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mel:
    I also look for your daily posts. These last few have really touched my heart to make a difference in the light of eternity. I truly struggle with depression and clouds. God has been using you to help me see how to get back on the path and stay there. Last few mornings have been tough. .. thank you for your daily deliveries of Sonshine. They've helped to see me through. ...

    ReplyDelete