Sunday, March 03, 2013

What to do when in Conflict!

How do I deal with conflict? How do I relate when I've been falsely accused?? These are all questions I've been struggling with the last few days. And while my flesh is tempted to be defensive, or fight for my rights, I've been reminded that, "All that live Godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution." And what the enemy means for evil, God can turn around and use for good. So I can say for God's glory that through the trials, I am growing and God has given me peace. This is indeed miraculous Sonshine for my day!

Let me share a passage I found this morning that really strengthened me and helped me as I seek peace.

"We cannot afford to let our spirits chafe over any real or supposed wrong done to ourselves. Self is the enemy we most need to fear. No form of vice has a more baleful effect upon the character than has human passion not under the control of the Holy Spirit. No other victory we can gain will be so precious as the victory gained over self.

We should not allow our feelings to be easily wounded. We are to live, not to guard our feelings or our reputation, but to save souls. As we become interested in the salvation of souls we cease to mind the little differences that so often arise in our association with one another. Whatever others may think of us or do to us, it need not disturb our oneness with Christ, the fellowship of the Spirit. “What glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.” 1 Peter 2:20.

Do not retaliate. So far as you can do so, remove all cause for misapprehension. Avoid the appearance of evil. Do all that lies in your power, without the sacrifice of principle, to conciliate others. “If thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath aught against thee; leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.” Matthew 5:23, 24.

If impatient words are spoken to you, never reply in the same spirit. Remember that “a soft answer turneth away wrath.”Proverbs 15:1. And there is wonderful power in silence. Words spoken in reply to one who is angry sometimes serve only to exasperate. But anger met with silence, in a tender, forbearing spirit, quickly dies away.

Under a storm of stinging, faultfinding words, keep the mind stayed upon the word of God. Let mind and heart be stored with God’s promises. If you are ill-treated or wrongfully accused, instead of returning an angry answer, repeat to yourself the precious promises: “Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.” Romans 12:21.

The above passages came from the book Ministry of Healing, p. 485-486. I don't need to add any further commentary. Have a beautiful Sonshiny day in the Lord! :-)

Review: 
  • Bible thought: Be not overcome with evil, but overcome evil with God. We are not to live to guard ourselves or our reputation. We are living to save souls!!!! Victory over "self" is the greatest victory we can gain.
  • Blessing: That God is merciful even while He teaches me these lessons! 
  • Battles: That I may truly overcome evil with good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment