Sunday, March 10, 2013

Join us Praying for Rain!


As I'm deep in the process of writing on the topic of prayer, but not ready to share that here, let me share a few thoughts on prayer for today's Morning Sonshine from my mini-book, "Praying for Rain." 

“Ask ye of the Lord rain in the time of the latter rain; so the Lord shall make bright clouds, and give them showers of rain, to every one grass in the field.” Zech. 10:1

“Let Christians ask in faith for the promised blessing, and it will come. The outpouring of the Spirit in the days of the apostles was the former rain, and glorious was the result. But the latter rain will be more abundant.” Evangelism, p. 701

“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land.” 2 Chron. 7:14

“There is nothing that Satan fears so much as that the people of God shall clear the way by removing every hindrance, so that the Lord can pour out His Spirit upon a languishing church and an impenitent congregation.” Messages to Young People, p. 133

“We should pray as earnestly for the descent of the Holy Spirit as the disciples prayed on the Day of Pentecost. If they needed it at that time, we need it more today. Moral darkness, like a funeral pall, covers the earth. All manner of false doctrines, heresies, and satanic deceptions are misleading the minds of men. Without the Spirit and power of God it will be in vain that we labor to present the truth.” Testimonies for the Church, vol. 5, p. 158


Review:
  • Bible Thought: If we ask for the Rain, He will send it! Keep asking!
  • Blessing: Each new day I make new discoveries. So many powerful stories in the Bible that show the power of prayer. I'm getting more and more inspired. (Will share more when I can!)
  • Battles: To die daily, to make needed time just to rest in Him even when I'm so excited and longing to get back into my studies and reading. (In case you don't know me, I'm very task oriented and once I get going, it's hard sometimes to sit still…even for prolonged time with God. I'm just too excited about what He's helping me accomplish and I want to get back at it.) So even in my tasks, I need to take time out just to "Be still and know He is God." And I'm reminded of Martin Luther, even when the battle was the hottest and he needed lots of time for studies, those were the days he took even more time for prayer…like 3-4 hours for prayer. This is the devotion I long for more of.

To read through this booklet, Praying for Rain, click here for PDF download.

1 comment:

  1. Melodious Echo, thanks so much for this information about your book, Praying for Rain. I followed the link and downloaded the PDF. The chapter defining "United Prayer" looks like it will be very helpful to me. I'll let you know if I have any particular feedback. Again, thanks for making it available to us.

    ReplyDelete