Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Big Life Questions

As I have heard it said, "Christ is not Lord at all, until He is Lord of all!" And I think this is so very true. If He cannot and does not have the final say in what we do and how we live, it's really just a profession we are holding. We profess to be followers of Christ, but in actuality…we are just one of His many fans. We love Him, but we don't want Him to change us. We just want Him to entertain us.

"Oh Lord have mercy! May this not be the case of our lives. If you are coming back soon to take us home, we know that you must make us ready. You must clean away the dross. You must purify our lives and our hearts!"

This is the final heart-evaluation questions I will share for now! These questions have been challenging me afresh, and hopefully they have you as well.

The Big Picture Evaluation

“But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness;
and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matt. 6:33

-       Life Goals: Do these reflect the Word of God? (See Matt. 6:33, Heb. 11:16)
-       Daily Decisions and Life Decisions: Are these made based on Biblical principles or my own feelings and desires? (See Prov. 3:5,6, Prov. 14:12, Prov. 11:14)
-       Attitudes: What are the thoughts and the motive of my actions? Am I looking at life through the lens of God’s Word, or through my own limited critical human mindset? (See Phil. 2:5, 2 Cor. 10:5, Phil. 4:8, Ps. 19:14, Ps. 119:165, Isa. 55:8,9)
-       Lifestyles: Does my lifestyle glorify God, or is it just all about what I want to do? (See 1 Cor. 10:31, 1 Cor. 6:19, 2 Tim. 2:3)
-       If my goals/decisions/attitudes/lifestyles do not align with God’s Word, am I willing to change?

“Obedience is the test of discipleship. It is the keeping of the commandments that proves the sincerity of our professions of love. When the doctrine we accept kills sin in the heart, purifies the soul from defilement, bears fruit unto holiness, we may know that it is the truth of God.” Mount of Blessings, p. 146

Review:

  • Bible Thought: May we make God the King of the big and not just the small areas of our life!
  • Blessing: The fact that God cares about the big as well as the small parts of our life is amazing!
  • Battles: That I not allow the enemy to distract me from seeking Christ in every area of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment