Friday, March 29, 2013

Using our Five Senses for His glory


The heart evaluation continues…

"Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil." Isa. 1:16

“If the heart has been renewed by the Spirit of God, the life will bear witness to the fact... A change will be seen in the character, the habits, the pursuits.” Steps to Christ, p. 57


The Five Senses Evaluation:

“Whether therefore ye eat or drink or WHATSOEVER ye do, do all to the glory of God.” 2 Cor. 10:31
“Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.” Matt. 7:20

-       TASTE: Is my appetite truly under God’s control, or do I live and eat however I feel like at the moment? “What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?” 1 Cor. 6:19
-       TOUCH: Are my hands seeking after luxury or the lusts of my heart, or are they seeking after Christ, and surrendered as instruments to touch others for Christ? “If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.” Matt. 9:21
-       SEE: Are my eyes and what I love to look upon surrendered, or do I love to watch the world, even if I don’t participate in the world? “I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.” Ps. 101:3
-       HEAR: Do I love to hear the gossip of friends or the news of the world, or do I consistently seek to make sure I can hear the voice of Christ? “And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.” Isa. 30:21
-       SMELL: Every person gives off a certain odor…it’s a overall aura of who they are. Do I smell like a healthy Christian, or do I blend in with everyone else in the world? “Sweet smell…to God.” Phil 4:18

Review:
  • Bible Thought: Whether therefore we eat or drink…whatever we do should be for His glory!
  • Blessing: I'm so thankful that He gave us our 5 senses that we can use for Him!
  • Battles: To not listen to the voice of the flesh that says to "taste, touch, see, hear, smell" the things of the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment