Monday, March 25, 2013

Feeling attacked? Must be on the right track!!

So often when we are hit by temptations and trials, we start questioning, "Maybe I'm doing something wrong, maybe this isn't what God really wants me to do after all!" 

Well, obviously we need to make sure what we ARE doing IS in accordance with God's Word, because if it's not…well, God might be trying to tell us something. However…(pay attention here, this is very important!)… IF we are doing what we know God has called us to do, what we are doing DOES align with God's Word, and we are still getting attacked, rather than getting discouraged and thinking about giving up in despair, we need to realize that the very fact we are experiencing trials just goes to prove that we ARE on the right track…and the devil is trying to do everything that He can to stop our progress, but if we hang on to God, He will deliver us.

Time and time again I see people give their lives to Christ, and THEN it seems like all hell breaks loose upon them. They begin to wonder…"Am I really truly doing the right thing? I've never had so many problems before in my life!" 

Even after working for years in ministry, I can attest to the fact that Christian leaders also still experience many many spiritual attacks. In fact, every time I go to help put on an event or speak for a weekend or attempt to do any other kind of ministry, I find myself up against the most astounding difficulties and the most perplexing trials. Even I have been tempted to ask myself at times…"Am I doing something wrong here? Why are all these trials coming upon me when I'm seeking to serve God?" 

Well…it is because God is at work, and Satan is unhappy! And it's also because God is seeking to refine my character. Think about the following passage from the book Ministry of Healing as the author talks about what it means to truly live the Christian Life! 

"To live such a life, to exert such an influence, costs at every step effort, self-sacrifice, discipline. It is because they do not understand this that many are so easily discouraged in the Christian life. Many who sincerely consecrate their lives to God’s service are surprised and disappointed to find themselves, as never before, confronted by obstacles and beset by trials and perplexities. They pray for Christlikeness of character, for a fitness for the Lord’s work, and they are placed in circumstances that seem to call forth all the evil of their nature. Faults are revealed of which they did not even suspect the existence. Like Israel of old they question, “If God is leading us, why do all these things come upon us?”

"It is because God is leading them that these things come upon them. Trials and obstacles are the Lord’s chosen methods of discipline and His appointed conditions of success. He who reads the hearts of men knows their characters better than they themselves know them. He sees that some have powers and susceptibilities which, rightly directed, might be used in the advancement of His work. In His providence He brings these persons into different positions and varied circumstances that they may discover in their character the defects which have been concealed from their own knowledge. He gives them opportunity to correct these defects and to fit themselves for His service. Often He permits the fires of affliction to assail them that they may be purified. Ministry of Healing, p. 471

So if you got trials, hold on…don't give up! Jesus is at work…and just remember, the devil is not happy, but God will help us overcome!

Review:
  • Bible Thought: All that live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution or trials!
  • Blessings: This past weekend I had some trials before I went to put on a "Revival of Prayer" seminar at a local church. However, God blessed so much during this prayer seminar, that all my struggles going into the weekend made perfect sense. The devil was trying to discourage me and keep me from doing what God had called me to do. But thankfuly, once again, God got the victory! And what a great weekend we had. I was so blessed with my new friends.
  • Battles: To keep my eyes on God! He is faithful!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I Praise the Lord for your Ministry! What a wonderful assurance that the more trials we encounter when we truly serve the Lord the more He is ever Faithful to us!

    ReplyDelete