Sunday, March 24, 2013

God always hears!


The last thing we read of King Hezekiah, is later in his years when he is sick and the prophet Isaiah tells him that he is about to die and it's time to set his house in order. We aren't told why he was sick, but it is obvious that something in his house was NOT in order. 

Once again he turns to the Lord and this is his prayer:

"I beseech thee, O LORD, remember now how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore."

And this is how God responded:

"And it came to pass, afore Isaiah was gone out into the middle court, that the word of the LORD came to him, saying, Turn again, and tell Hezekiah the captain of my people, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee: on the third day thou shalt go up unto the house of the LORD. And I will add unto thy days fifteen years; and I will deliver thee and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for mine own sake, and for my servant David's sake." 2 Kings 20:3-6


Throughout the Bible we see story after story of people who cried out to God, and every time they did, God heard. And yet today, we so often struggle, wondering if God sees and if He hears. He does. We can trust Him! We must not despair but continue to pray

"No Sincere Prayer Is Lost—Make your requests known to your Maker. Never is one repulsed who comes to Him with a contrite heart. Not one sincere prayer is lost. Amid the anthems of the celestial choir, God hears the cries of the weakest human being. We pour out our heart’s desire in our closets, we breathe aprayer as we walk by the way, and our words reach the throne of the Monarch of the universe. They may be inaudible to any human ear, but they cannot die away into silence, nor can they be lostthrough the activities of business that are going on. Nothing can drown the soul’s desire. It rises above the din of the street, above the confusion of the multitude, to the heavenly courts. It is God to whom we are speaking, and our prayer is heard. You who feel the most unworthy, fear not to commit your case to God." In Heavenly Places, 82


[For those interested, PART II of Janet and I sharing on the power of United Prayer is now available for viewing online. Click here to view!)

"IF two of you shall agree as touching anything that ye ask…" Matt 18:19



Review:
  • Bible Thought: When we weep, God still hears! He always hears
  • Blessing: He has helped me through another weekend of speaking and sharing! 
  • Battle: To continue to keep my eyes on Him realize He has done the work, not me. To God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment