Saturday, January 05, 2013

Aiming for new Heights!

It's a special day, a high day…and a day that I'm reflecting on another verse about what it means to walk with God

Today, I'm not thinking about walking with God on the beach (although it is currently right outside my door). No, I'm thinking about walking in His mountains and in His High Places. 

Today's verse for contemplation and prayer is:

"The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places." Hab. 3:19

Another favorite verse of mine, that sits on my desk back home says, "I will lift up mine eyes to the hills from whence cometh my help." Psalm 121:1

I think it's interesting that as we read through the Bible, there's a lot of significance with going up into the mount, up into the mountains, and into the hills: Moses went up into the mountain to talk with God, sacrifices were often taken to the mountains to perform, landmarks throughout scripture are often referred to by mountain name, the Ark rested in a mountain after the flood, when people fled - they ran to the mountains for refuge, and when Christ was crucified…well…I don't know how much of a mountain it was, but it was a hill called Calvary…and that's a pretty SIGNIFICANT mountain to me! (If there's anything worth lifting up our eyes for, it would be to behold this HILL where the Cross stands!)

This is a delightful concept, because I love the mountains. I'd pick them over the beaches any day! And the interesting thing is, there aren't as many people up there. (I think because it takes so much work to climb.) But the special thing about today's verse is, God is not only challenging us to climb to NEW HEIGHTS. He's promising to give us the feet (hind's feet) for the journey! It may not always be easy climbing mountains, but I know from experience, the view from the top is always worth it!

Day 5 - Vit. B-3 CHALLENGE

  • My Bible Thought - God's calling us to climb to new heights! (I'm ready…let's go!)
  • My Blessing - Thankful for another safe journey!
  • My Battle - To surrender so that He can use me to intercede for His church today!

No comments:

Post a Comment