Monday, January 07, 2013

He has BETTER plans!

I don't know how many of you like to know ahead of time where you are going or what the plan is? Well, I do. However, it seems like God is in the business of spontaneity…and also growing our faith in the process.

Today I am reflecting on the promise from Isaiah 30:21 which says:


"And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left."

Today has already been a complete miracle of listening to that "Word" behind me…from what God impressed me to do when He woke me up at 4:25am, to everything following since.  I can't wait to see how the day will end. While our plans may not go as we expected, I'm reminded again that sometimes our plans fail that His plans may succeed.

Here's a powerful passage from the devotional, Help in Daily Living:

"Often our plans fail that God’s plans for us may succeed. We are never called upon to make a real sacrifice for God. Many things He asks us to yield to Him, but in doing this we are but giving up that which hinders us in the heavenward way. Even when called upon to surrender those things which in themselves are good, we may be sure that God is thus working out for us some higher good. In the future life the mysteries that here have annoyed and disappointed us will be made plain. We shall see that our seemingly unanswered prayers and disappointed hopes have been among our greatest blessings." Help in Daily Living, p. 13

And the final thought:

"Whatever path God chooses for us, whatever way He ordains for our feet, that is the only path of safety." That I May Know Him, p. 249

Day 7 - Vit. B-3 CHALLENGE

  • Bible Thought: Surrendering my plans for His plans
  • Blessing: God cares about the details, and He's working them all out!
  • Battles: Lots more spiritual victories needed in the coming days. Keep us in prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment