Sunday, January 13, 2013

What is our ONE desire?

There are a lot of things that I desire, a lot of things I hope for. But God is drawing me closer to Himself as I continue to stand STILL…

God keeps asking me, "Do you desire me, or is it just my blessings? Do you desire me, or is it just my strength? Do you desire me, or is it just the security of my presence? 


From the devotional, From Trials to Triumph:

"The Saviour loved all the Twelve [disciples], but John was the most receptive spirit. Younger than the others, with more of the child’s confiding trust, he opened his heart to Jesus. Thus he came more into sympathy with Christ, and through him the Saviour’s deepest spiritual teaching was communicated to the people. John could talk of the Father’s love as no other of the disciples could. The beauty of holiness which had transformed him shone with Christlike radiance from his countenance, and fellowship with Christ became his one desire." p. 286

My theme verse that I'm reflecting on this morning is:

"One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple." Psalm 27:4

Day 13 - Vit. B-3 CHALLENGE
  • Bible Thought: Lord, may YOU be my ONE desire Today!
  • Blessing: Having an "Oasis" to take this time out to be refreshed. What a blessing!
  • Battle: To be faithful TODAY in the little details...

No comments:

Post a Comment