Monday, January 14, 2013

The best gift to bring? Ourself!

Often times, even despite what God has done in the past, I find myself feeling very weak and inadequate for this work of ministry. This might be surprising, but I feel like a little child that has no education, no degree, no status, no natural goodness or abilities, no good gifts I can give to God. All I have to give God is my filthy rags of meager effort. Yet, God keeps taking those rags and replacing them with something beautiful. This exchange is amazing for me, but completely beyond my understanding. How could God do so much for me when I have nothing to return. Oh…but I do have something! I can give Him my SELF. (Pun intended!) 

"For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it." Matthew 16:25

I came upon this quote and wanted to share it, to encourage any others that may be reading today. What matters is not "what" we bring to God? He's not worried about our status or education or natural gifts, or lack thereof! All He's asking for is ourselves. Will we come with all our faults and sinful weakness, and just surrender, just give Him our-SELF today?

"Jesus loves to have us come to Him just as we are, sinful, helpless, dependent. We may come with all our weakness, our folly, our sinfulness, and fall at His feet in penitence. It is His glory to encircle us in thearms of His love and to bind up our wounds, to cleanse us from all impurity." Steps to Christ, p. 52

And here's one more:

"The humblest and poorest of the disciples of Jesus can be a blessing to others. They may not realize that they are doing any special good, but by their unconscious influence they may start waves of blessing that will widen and deepen, and the blessed results they may never know until the day of final reward. They do not feel or know that they are doing anything great. They are not required to weary themselves with anxiety about success. They have only to go forward quietly, doing faithfully the work that God’s providence assigns, and their life will not be in vain. Their own souls will be growing more and more into the likeness of Christ; they are workers together with God in this life, and are thus fitting for the higher work and the unshadowed joy of the life to come." Steps to Christ, 83.

Day 14 - Vit. B-3 CHALLENGE
  • Bible: Don't worry about good gifts, just bring yourself!
  • Blessing: Thankful for this challenge that is helping keep me on my toes!
  • Battles: That I can be consistent in being a good steward of my health!

No comments:

Post a Comment