Tuesday, January 15, 2013

With all my Heart…in LOVE!

God's not content with partial obedience any more than he is with partial half-hearted love. He wants all of us, or He will have none of us. (To some it may seem strange, but to us as Christian's there's something divinely majestic about this jealous love!) I'm so thankful that He's jealous for my entire and complete affection…because He knows that a divided heart and life cannot stand.

Today, I'm reflecting on what it means to "walk before [Him] with all my heart." 1 Kings 8:23 

In Deuteronomy 6:5 it says:

"And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might."

In other places in the Bible we are told to love the Lord with all our strength. From these verses I understand that God wants to see us fully vested in this relationship. Everything in our innermost soul, to the passionate beating of our heart, to the strength of our body is to be dedicated to Him alone! As one author writes, there shouldn't even be competition for Him to have first place in our life! He is to be our all in all…with no runner ups competing for this divine devotion. And with the joy that we chose to follow Him, this is the same joy that we are to continue to walk and live for Him today, and each day! 

"According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him IN LOVE!" Eph 1:4

Wow…before Him, in love! This is my desire today…

Of course, it's nice when I feel those love feelings. But I have to also remind myself, love is a choice. And as I chose to love Him and seek to love Him more, those feelings will follow with greater and greater passion!

So our challenge today: "As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him." Col. 2:6

Day 15 - Vit. B-3 CHALLENGE
  • Bible Thought: Walking before Him in Love, with all my heart!
  • Blessing: So thankful for friends He's sent to encourage me in this journey!
  • Battles: Praying for healing for my family…many of us are sick still! 

No comments:

Post a Comment