Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Terrifying Truth

Does the thought ever terrify you that God is good and we are not? This is a question that Paul Washer asked, and it has me really thinking. To be honest, it's never terrified me before, but maybe it should.


"But the LORD of hosts shall be exalted in judgment, and God that is holy shall be sanctified in righteousness." Isa. 5:16

We know that holy and unholy, light and darkness, sinlessness and sinfulness do not mix. (2 Cor. 6:14) So what does a righteous God do with unrighteous people? Again, I may have felt like I wasn't really that bad, but in Romans 3 we are told: "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." Rom. 3:10,23

I, you, all of us have fallen short…ummmmm…..very short!!!!!

So what does this mean? In the devotional Faith and Works I am sobered:

"The day of God’s vengeance cometh—the day of the fierceness of His wrath. Who will abide the day of His coming? Men have hardened their hearts against the Spirit of God, but the arrows of His wrath will pierce where the arrows of conviction could not. God will not far hence arise to deal with the sinner. Will the false shepherd shield the transgressor in that day? Can he be excused who went with the multitude in the path of disobedience? Will popularity or numbers make any guiltless? These are questions which the careless and indifferent should consider and settle for themselves." Faith and Works, p. 33

Rather than sharing more encouragement from scripture or trying to answer this question myself (it really is quite deep and it's something we all need to study out for ourselves), I'd like to share a powerful short YouTube where Paul Washer beautifully answers the above question and challenge:

It's called the Terrifying and Exciting Reality of the Cross

This is my Morning Sonshine for today! And it's well worth the contemplation…So don't pass this by. You really gotta watch this! I've never seen it expressed so clearly!

Day 29 - Vit. B-3 Challenge
  • Bible Thought: Do we truly understand the TRUTH of the Cross?
  • Blessing: God has sent the rain and our lake is full. PTL!
  • My Battles: That I may know and understand the fullness of this GOSPEL! 
[Note: I have a huge writing project I need to finish, so I'm taking a few days away from my computer and it's constant distraction. So the next few posts I've prepared in advance over this topic that I've been studying. It's very fascinating and something we all need to study out for ourselves and not just leave to our parents and teachers. If anyone has input on anything that I've shared, I welcome comments. I've honestly only been sharing a few treasures from the surface of this vast and deep topic…a topic which we are told we will continue to study even throughout eternity!]

No comments:

Post a Comment