Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Walking by Faith or Feelings?

It's easy enough to recite the famous verse: "For we walk by faith and not by sight." 2 Cor 5:7. But it sure is another thing to walk it…as I still realize afresh each day!

I have to be honest and say, I still struggle to a certain degree with this "feeling" stuff. I know God is with me, I know He is calling me, I know His Word is true, I know He will not forsake me…but sometimes, I just don't feel it. (Like today!!!!)
And so I have to remind myself again…am I walking by faith or by feelings?

“Faith takes God at His word, with or without feeling. It “is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” We can believe our fellowmen, and can we not trust the word of God? When we go to Him for wisdom or grace, we are not to look to ourselves to see if He has given us a special feeling as an assurance that He has fulfilled His word. Feeling is no criterion. Great evils have resulted when Christians have followed feeling…

How do I know that Jesus hears my prayers?—I know it by His promise. He says He will hear the needy when they cry unto Him, and I believe His Word.

...He has never said to the “seed of Jacob, seek ye Me in vain.” If we walk in the light, we may come to the throne of grace with holy boldness. We may present the promises of God in living faith, and urge our petitions. Although we are weak, and erring, and unworthy, “the Spirit helpeth our infirmities.” When we have offered our petition once, we must not then abandon it, but say, as did Jacob when he wrestled all night with the angel, “I will not let Thee go, except Thou bless me,” and like him we shall prevail.” Bible Echo, September 24, 1894, par. 4 

So…while I don't really feel what I would like to at the moment, I'm determined to keep walking. (Even if the skies seem overcast and gray!)

PS: I've been here living with the beach right outside my door for 4 days now (for this Ministers conference), and I still haven't been out on the beach or hardly seen the sunshine! Can you believe it? I think my body needs some Vit. D! :-)

Day 9 - Vit. B-3 CHALLENGE
Bible Thought: Faith over Feelings
Blessing: Almost no coughing today. A huge answer to prayer!
Battles: Will I walk by faith or by feelings today?

No comments:

Post a Comment