Sunday, January 20, 2013

Behold what manner of love...

I wake up with a smile upon my face and a song upon my heart…

"Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons [and daughters] of God." I John 3:1

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Rom. 5:8

What wonderous love…it is literally like the warmth of the morning sunshine, flooding my heart with joy. But how can I keep such love to myself? I simply cannot. He pours upon us that we may pour upon others... 

From one of my favorite books, The Desire of Ages, which is a compilation on the life of Christ, I read:

"Divine love has been stirred to its unfathomable depths for the sake of men, and angels marvel to behold in the recipients of so great love a mere surface gratitude. Angels marvel at man’s shallow appreciation of the love of God. Heaven stands indignant at the neglect shown to the souls of men. Would we know how Christ regards it? How would a father and mother feel, did they know that their child, lost in the cold and the snow, had been passed by, and left to perish, by those who might have saved it? Would they not be terribly grieved, wildly indignant? Would they not denounce those murderers with wrath hot as their tears, intense as their love? The sufferings of every man are the sufferings of God’s child, and those who reach out no helping hand to their perishing fellow beings provoke His righteous anger." The Desire of Ages, p. 825

My prayer today… "Oh Father, help me to share this love that you have so richly poured upon me!"

Day 20 - Vit. B-3 Challenge
  • Bible Thought: His love is amazing, and we are meant to share it!
  • Blessing: God is continuing to provide for my daily needs in some very specific ways. (Can't share details here though.)
  • Battles: God is giving me victory…but oh, I need so much more! It's a daily battle to allow Him to be my defender so that I can be His overcomer. When I try to fight the battles in my own strength, I loose every time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment