Friday, January 18, 2013

He makes us White as Snow!

Remember those new layers of the "Onion of Sin" that God needs to peel away from our hearts?

Well, as I have been studying and praying over these last few days about what it means to "walk with God" in successful ministry, I've felt the "search light" of God's Word probing deeper and deeper. I have to admit, it hasn't been easy. Especially as He's shown me, it's not just about my actions and about appearing righteous before my fellow men (and women). It's about being righteous! Did you catch that? 

It matters not what we look like to the world around us! What matters to God is who we are, what is on the inside?

"For the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart." I Sam. 16:7

I keep asking myself (like I mentioned on January 4th),  what if God came to visit me in person, what if I knew He was coming to look over the records of Melody's life today? (Ummm… I start squirming just thinking about it!) 

We are told:

"The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin. A man may be a law-breaker in heart; yet if he commits no outward act of transgression, he may be regarded by the world as possessing great integrity. But God’s law looks into the secrets of the heart. Every act is judged by the motives that prompt it. Only that which is in accord with the principles of God’s law will stand in the judgment." Christ Object Lessons, p. 316

As a result, all I can do is cry out: "Lord save me or I perish!"

Thankfully, He doesn't come to punish me…He comes to save me!

As I look out my window at the beautiful newly fallen snow, I'm reminded of all that Christ has done for me. And as I'm convicted afresh of my sins, I'm reminded of His promise which is fresh for me today: "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." Isa. 1:18

Day 18 - Vit. B-3 Challenge
  • Bible Thought: I have many sins, but He makes them white as snow!
  • Blessings: He's answering my cry and taking me deeper!
  • Battles Won: He's giving me strength today to get up early to spend time with Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment