Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Reward of Walking by Faith

Well…all I can say is God is good!!!!!!! I was struggling yesterday with the weight of prayer responsibilities and pleading that God would give a special blessing and break thru here at the Southern Union meetings. But I didn't feel enthusiastic or encouraged going into the prayer meeting last night, and so I just had to choose to walk forward by faith, with or without feelings, trusting that in His own time and way, all things would come together. 

And God has rewarded!!!! The prayer service was a small group, but powerful. (Never despise the day of small things!) We planned to finish by midnight, but went until 2:30 am instead. We just couldn't stop praying. It was amazing! Many pastors participated and humbled their hearts. Our Southern union as well as Division leaders all stayed with us the entire night. (I couldn't believe it!) God really blessed, and I can honestly give Him all the glory, because I know that going into this experience I had nothing in myself "feeling wise" to give. So to God be the glory, great things He has done!

What did God give me for my devotions yesterday? Two things!

1. Daniel 9 - And God answered Daniel's prayer
2. Zech 4 - Not by might or by power but by His Spirit…says the Lord of hosts.

Here's another inspiration quote from Christ Object Lessons that really encouraged me today!

“The rainbow round about the throne is an assurance that God is true, that in Him is no variableness, neither shadow of turning… When we come to him confessing our unworthiness and sin, He has pledged Himself to give heed to our cry. The honor of His throne is staked for the fulfillment of His word unto us.”p. 148 

More details and praise reports to come…later!

Day 10 - Vit. B-3 CHALLENGE
Bible Thought: God rewards Faith
Blessing: Very Successful prayer evening - To God be the glory
Battle: To stay awake until I get home! ;-) …. I slept 3 hours last night!  

No comments:

Post a Comment