Friday, January 11, 2013

The battle continues…and so do my prayers!

I have arrived home and am feeling blessed from a successful prayer event. However, after success, there is always the tendency to sit back, relax and just take a vacation for a few days from the deep earnest seeking after God for blessing. It's not intentional, it's not purposeful. I think it's just the relief after the battle that we all feel as we think: "Wow! Praise God, I made it through. He blessed. Now I can relax."

However, the Lord has been impressing upon my mind the need to press in deeper in my walk with Him, not just before the spiritual battle, during the spiritual battle…but also AFTER the battle is over. Because, in all reality, while one battle may have been won…there a thousand more beginning as the Pastor's return home to their congregations. Will they take up and follow the convictions God has shown them, or will they go back to life as usual in the pulpit? What will I do?? Have I been changed? Have I been challenged? Or do I return to life as usual?

"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Eph. 6:10-12

So…God has impressed me today… January 11th, 2013 to change my agenda and spend the next several days just seeking Him in a deeper way! I'm reminding myself again: "Don't just do something…STAND THERE! Be still and know that He is God."  

So that's my new agenda for the next 3 days...

"Consecrate yourself to God in the morning; make this your very first work. Let your prayer be, “Take me, O Lord, as wholly Thine. I lay all my plans at Thy feet. Use me today in Thy service. Abide with me, and let all my work be wrought in Thee.” This is a daily matter. Each morning consecrate yourself to God for that day. Surrender all your plans to Him, to be carried out or given up as His providence shall indicate. Thus day by day you may be giving your life into the hands of God, and thus your life will be molded more and more after the life of Christ." Steps to Christ, p. 70

Day 11 - Vit. B-3 CHALLENGE
  • Bible Thought…I feel the need to seek God more! The battle is not over!
  • Blessing - Thankful for my daddy! It's his birthday today!!
  • Battle - to put aside my agenda and stand still for some extra time with God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment